Roller shades have never been better!
One of King Shade & Window’s main products, when the business opened in 1948, was traditional and custom roller shades. These simple shades were the foundation cover of most Boston windows in those days, layered with sheer curtains and heavier draperies.
Energy-efficient windows did not exist for many years after we opened for business, so savvy New Englanders made do with the materials at hand to control heat, cold and sunlight.
While King Shade is one of few businesses that still sell traditional stock cut-to-order roller shades, we have always specialized in antique reproduction and contemporary custom shades. Our Boston MA showroom in W Roxbury can help you with design advice. Call or email for info.
VISIT OUR BOSTON SHOWROOM IN WEST ROXBURY
Roller Shades Features
Today’s fabrics have transformed roller shades from utilitarian to distinctive. Modern and clean, roller shades resist collecting dirt and dust, are available in fabrics ranging from sleek and simple to vividly patterned or luxuriously textured , and can be made with basic spring rollers or chain-operated clutch systems.
These endlessly customizable shades are suitable in any setting, as the first layer in a combination of window coverings or the focal point of a room.
- The most affordable, easily operated window covering
- Easy to clean, resistant to dust and soil
- Wide range of custom roller shade options
- One of the best solutions for large windows
- Available in an enormous range of beautiful fabrics, from sheer to blackout
- On spring rollers, the original child-safe and pet-friendly lift system