Top 5 Advantages of Installing Vinyl Replacement Windows
Replacing or upgrading the windows in your home can be a major project. Deciding which type of replacement windows to select requires careful research and consideration. If a window replacement project is on the horizon you should consider vinyl replacement windows. Here are the “Top Five Advantages to Installing Vinyl Replacement Windows in Your Home.”
1) Replacing your house windows with energy efficient vinyl replacement windows will result in a significant reduction in your heating bills. You will see that this project will pay for itself in no time. Double pane replacement windows will keep out cold air in the winter and keep the cool air inside in the summer. Installing vinyl basement replacement windows will keep your basement from being drafty and can improve the comfort of your living space drastically.
2) Vinyl windows are attractive looking and will improve your home’s value. One of the most common reasons that people choose this type of window is because they look better than wood or aluminum. Most often the aluminum frames are painted and as they age the paint chips, which start to look bad over time. This will not happen with vinyl windows. Vinyl window products come in various standardized colors and many different attractive finishes. What’s more installing vinyl windows in your home will improve it’s curb appeal and resale value significantly.
3) Vinyl replacement windows are maintenance free, very durable and built to last. Vinyl windows will not corrode or rust like aluminum windows. They are also very easy to care for. Vinyl replacement windows are easily cleaned with soap and water. These windows will keep their color indefinitely and will not chip or peel, therefore they will not require painting. Homeowners can enjoy a care free window that will last. If you have old wooden double hung windows you will notice a vast improvement by installing vinyl replacement windows. One of the best vinyl windows you can buy is made by Harvey Industries. READ our Harvey replacement windows review for more information.
4) Noise reduction is another great reason to choose vinyl replacement windows. A vinyl dual paned window can provide you with an excellent barrier to outside noise. There is no need to deal with the barking dogs, traffic and noisy neighbors. You can enjoy a good night sleep as well as peace and quiet your home
5) Installing energy efficient vinyl windows can also earn you a tax credit of up to $1500. To take advantage of the federal tax credit for windows you need to purchase new windows with a U-Factor of .30 or less. The U-Factor measures how well a window prevents heat from escaping. A lower number means a higher efficiency. The windows should also have a Solar Heat Gain Coefficient (SHGC) of .30 or less. This number measures how well a window blocks heat from sunlight. Those windows that do qualify for the tax credit will have a NFRC sticker.
As you can see, there are many great benefits to installing vinyl replacement windows in your home. Vinyl windows are attractive, energy efficient and virtually maintenance free. They can also reduce noise and qualify you for a tax credit. Vinyl windows come in all types, even double hung replacement windows. You can benefit greatly by replacing all of your house windows with vinyl windows, including cellar replacement windows.
Contact Us Today!
If you’re thinking about having vinyl replacement windows installed in your Massachusetts home of office…